You said, we did!
In this section we will summarise the actions we have taken as a school in response to parental feedback. Thank you for making your views known!
In 2017-18 we have:
- Parental Involvement: Each class is going to invite parents in to class once a term. This may be a stay and play session or other events that are happening in that class sharing what they have been learning that term.
- Fundraising: More community based fundraising like a bingo night. We will pass this on to the Parent Council and would like to let you know that next Parent Council meeting is on Monday 2nd October at 6pm.
- Lunch club: There are currently Redcaps in the playgroup that play games with children and help resolve issues. There are playground supervisors at all times. As Part of Wendy Lev’s role she will be in the playground at lunch time to play games with the children. There will also be Playground leaders from Primary 6 in Term 3 and 4 to play games with the children. There will be lunch clubs such a netball and coding club further on in the term.
- Communication: We will put reminders of events on Facebook. We will try to stick to dates set as much as possible. We will also aim to communicate more in advance of activities such as World book day, school/class trips, Halloween disco etc. Please check out our weekly updates on the websites where we share achievements:-comments are welcomed!
- Nursery: Will now be receiving the Golden boats at Assembly at end of term, the first one will be on 6th October at 9:30 so hopefully you will be able to attend.
- Baby changing facilities: We have requested a baby changing facility and hopefully this will be granted, we agree that this would be beneficial for the community area.
- Homework: We are hoping to hold another coffee morning regarding homework where parents and teachers can work together to make it more valuable and manageable for the children. A date for this will be advised soon.
In 2016-17 we have:
- Introduced ongoing reporting to provide parents with more relevant, up to date progress reports on how your child is doing in school
- Worked with the Parent Council to develop after school Youth Club provision for P4-7’s for two days a week
In 2015-16 we have:
- Simplified the Homework Diaries for next year
- Linked the school website to Facebook to allow parents to receive regular updates
- Used the local supplier LEAP to provide the school uniform so it is easily available all year
- Put all the extra-curricular clubs and the timetable on the website calendar so parents can check when clubs are on
- Contacted Highlife Highland and asked them to use Lundavra as a venue for their activities – two football clubs starting February 2016
- Organised Reading and maths workshops for parents in p1/2 and P2/3. EAL Parent Workshop in April 2016